Below is the presentation and additional materials for a Portfolio Workshop held at Rowan for our Geography, Environmental Studies, GIS and Planning students.
Raw, unedited recording of the talk.
- Skills in Planning: Portfolios
- Letter to a College Senior
The Portfolio approach enables you to display a mind engaged with the surrounding world while the Resume is an artifact specifically designed for a bureaucratâ€™s needs.
- On the benefits of a Philosophy Major
â€œOften a person with a business degree has memorized a map of business processes and solutions. But rarely will that map be an accurate depiction of the current state of a business or industry. What we want is a person who knows how to use a compass, not a person with an outdated map.â€
- The Job Interview is No Time to Text
“Life has gotten more casual,” Swan says. “They don’t realize (the interview) is a sales event.”
Â Technical Resources
- DropBox – Online File Storage
- WordPress – Blogging/Website Platform
- Weebly – Blogging/Website Platform
- PDF Toolkit – Tools for manipulating PDF files
- CutePDF – (Some) free tools for creating PDFs
If you have any questions for Mr. Reiser, you can email him or contact him via Twitter.